The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Small show for 4th grade class (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
I am currently doing Math Superstars for my sons 4th grade class. I let the class know I do some magic and that as long as the teacher said it was OK, I would do some effects periodically. I have 2 questions.

1. Are there any effects that anybody can help me with that will go along with Math.

2. What suggestions as far as kids of this age would this wonderful group give me for effects that I can work on to perform for them in the future.

I will be with these kids all school year, 30 - 60 minutes a week.

John Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
John,
Check out Bobo's school show lecture notes.
In it, he has a great large paddle routine.
The paddle has 6 on one side and 9 on the (apparently) other side.
The kids add them together and the paddle "changes" so that it has 15 on both sides.
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Question number 1.

You know the one where you add up the fingers one the left hand with the fingers on the right hand, and it turns out that you have 11 fingers? Do that and let them think of how that can be. Also let them count your fingers and suddenly it´s only 9 fingers. If you don´t know how to do it, PM me.

Mikael
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
You might be able to work something into a routine using Dubious Domino or What's Next? (basically the same effect).
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Just4Fun
View Profile
New user
Dallas
49 Posts

Profile of Just4Fun
If you're familiar with a magic square, it can make for a great bit of mentalism, where you get a volunteer to come up with a number, someone else a row, and someone else a column, and you create a magic square using that number, row and column, and then show the astounding qualities of the square.

Also the following site has some interesting stuff on math...

http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/stunt/stunt.htm
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
First thing that came to my mind was Magic Squares, as Just4Fun stated above.

I always liked this one, use the blackboard and write these numbers asking the class to add them as you write them.

Generally when people add these numbers, they say the total is 5000....however the total really is 4100.
--Rene
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Small show for 4th grade class (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL