The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Janus brilliance! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Having played around with my Janus pad and added a new subtlety that makes it even nicer to handle I must say this is item is absolutley fantastic. All other pads have now been thrown out of the window! (Sorry Shrink even the IA - as much as I loved it this is in a league of it's own)

If you haven't done so already then get one - I can't tell you enough how excited I am, it is with me all the time now!

http://www.mentalismplus.com stock them.
Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
This can also be used as a switching pad for an add a number routine, the possibilities are looking good
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Salsa you trying to raise flagging sales? Ive noticed that there has been a number of unfavourable posts about the Janus much more than the IA. Especially when you consider the very few posts about the the Janus compared to the IA. I don't even know why you bring the IA pad into your "covert ad". Since everytime there is a comparison made on here between the two I get more sales. There are also some posts ive noticed from genuinely unbiased owners of both pads that favour the IA pad. There is nothing fundamentaly different about carbon paper.

Putting all the above aside they are two different products that are made for two different reasons. The main being that the janus is resettable for walkaround while the IAs have been designed to be handled by the patricipants. They can be used for q&a they can be left in the hands of the participants. This means they can play big.

Not only are they cheaper but come with three original routines unique applications of linguistics NLP and cold reading. You also get two pads. The highest compliment I have had is that a number of owners replaced their much highly rated hornet with IA pads.

If you want to hype and help your friends sell some pads it isn't a good idea to bring other products into your hype. Anyone who does a search on the IA in Penny for your thoughts will find a thread more than 100 posts. They can easily see what unbiased customers think of the IA. I haven't seen much feed back from the Janus and what has been has not been totally favourable.

You don't have to apologise to me Salsa you have to focus on the benefits of your friends products and sell that way or things will back fire.

Shrink
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2005-01-20 18:45, shrink wrote:
Salsa you trying to raise flagging sales? Ive noticed that there has been a number of unfavourable posts about the Janus much more than the IA. Especially when you consider the very few posts about the the Janus compared to the IA. I don't even know why you bring the IA pad into your "covert ad". Since everytime there is a comparison made on here between the two I get more sales. There are also some posts ive noticed from genuinely unbiased owners of both pads that favour the IA pad. There is nothing fundamentaly different about carbon paper.

Whilst I would consider Andrew a friend we are not close and I have probably spoke to you more via PM than I have with Andrew. The reason I posted was because I have just received my pad after holding out for a while because I didn't want a new imp pad! I have no interest in the mentalismplus boys other than having designed the website - which was a professional arrangement as a web designer. I have no affiliation with them and couldn't care less if sales were high, low or none at all.

I am pleased that you get more sales when a comparison between the two is made, and of course there will be people who prefer yours that is how it works sometimes, but let me put a few things straight on the comparisons:

Quote:
Putting all the above aside they are two different products that are made for two different reasons. The main being that the janus is resettable for walkaround while the IAs have been designed to be handled by the patricipants. They can be used for q&a they can be left in the hands of the participants. This means they can play big.

I mainly do walkaround when I am performing so having instant reset means I don't have to load my pockets up with pads. I would not leave an IA in the hands of a spectator, ever - because I have had people find the 'invisible' gimmick. Not only that but the impression can often be too faint to see in normal light and it has let me down on several occasions. All that aside I let it go and carried on using it.

With that in mind the Janus pad becomes more useful to me. 1 point to Janus,

Quote:
Not only are they cheaper but come with three original routines unique applications of linguistics NLP and cold reading. You also get two pads. The highest compliment I have had is that a number of owners replaced their much highly rated hornet with IA pads.

Your routines are no good to me because I like to do things that aren't being done by other people. I am not interested in routines - those I can come up with myself, thanks. The beauty of the Janus pad is that I don't need to scour the country looking for the right pads to use. In fact I already used the type of pad extensively long before I got one.

I am sure the biggest compliment for the Janus pad will be that many people will replace their highly rated IA for one.

Quote:
If you want to hype and help your friends sell some pads it isn't a good idea to bring other products into your hype. Anyone who does a search on the IA in Penny for your thoughts will find a thread more than 100 posts. They can easily see what unbiased customers think of the IA. I haven't seen much feed back from the Janus and what has been has not been totally favourable.

I was offering my opinion on the product, I wasn't speaking for anyone else. Product comparisons are made all the time in this industry. Another point for Janus is the peek is beautiful.

Quote:
You don't have to apologise to me Salsa you have to focus on the benefits of your friends products and sell that way or things will back fire.

Shrink

You are dead right - and rest assured I won't apologise again in the future. Get over the fact that I have put the IA in a drawer because something better for me came along. I wasn't saying that the IA is a bad product, but the creator certainly knows how to **** people off.

Janus may not be for everyone, but I am working on a subtlety that should make it even better if all works out. Was going to keep that to myself but now I think I will share it as it will only make it stronger.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
You miss the point Salsa this isn't about you. If you want to endorse your friends products and you are a part of Mentalism plus don't bring other products into it.

I could tell you well over 100 people use the routines and ideas that come with the IA but I won't because anyone can do a search and read that for them self.

My product has nothing to do with the Janus if you are finding it works for you then great Im really pleased. I can't be bothered to read your extended post but Im glad I got you going......just realising that causes you to understand that you at least agree with me on an unconscious level...

Coninue to enjoy the Janus but leave me out of it I have nothing to do with it.

But I wish you all good luck..

Shrink
Once again Salsa you don't have to apologise but I will acept it anyway...:-P

Salsa: it's always good to see you....one day we might even meet up...but for now I need some shut eye...or my head will melt really stressful week.

S
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Back on track can I ask why you decide to change from the imp pad and is it so much better?
darkseance
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of darkseance
The IA impression isn't very strong and can let you down if you need a quick instant peek, the janus in this case gives you a good peek instantly, one point to janus

I wouldnt let anyone examine either pads, the janus isn't obviously designed for this but IA apparently is, I wouldnt though as the spectators are not stupid shrink, and would find it, its not hard really 2 points to janus

IA comes with 2 pads some refills and some routines, its a strong package for the price, the janus in comparison is slightly more pricey and a pdf breakdown gives you the info. 1 point to IA

this really does depend on your performance requirments, for me personally the janus wins hands down.

let me say this tho...i prefer a good old fashioned billet switch or peek anyday
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I remember the good old days when you could praise a product without being accused of having ulterior motives...
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
OK to answer the question although it has been answered - the IA is difficult to see the impression due to some angle issues. The Janus has one of the best and most natural peeks, and add in the other bits it makes it a very subtle tool that looks totally natural to use.

My criteria with everything I use is for it to be natural. Some things with the IA don't meet that criteria.

Out of 10 points (for my personal uses and it may not suit yours remember) I would give the following:

IA - 7/10
Janus - 9/10
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5005 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There is already a thread running about the Janus pad. Please continue the conversation on that thread rather than starting a new one.

click here
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Janus brilliance! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL