The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Chink-a -Chink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
School for Scoundrels sells a set.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 23:15, TAJ wrote:
Here is a video of Fred Kaps performing the routine: http://youtu.be/bu476AyQyj4

Sheer poetry from The Dutch Master.

I think that's actually the Eddie Taytelbaum version that Fred is using (or possibly Tonny Van Rhee's)?. Ken Brooke used to sell it decades ago.

I'd love to get my hands on one of the originals nowadays. Smile
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Chesterfield, MO
187 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Which Stars of Magic book was it in ?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24184 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The first hardbound one from Tannen's. Of course, each of these was published singly long before the hardback came out. But the hardback is much easier to find.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I like to perform this with a TUC as its much cleaner and allows a nice clean up subtlety at the end.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9488 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Jim Swoger put out a set with a gimmick made by Bob Sherman on Bridgeport. (Circa 1950)
I have 600 pieces but don't have the dies to make the gimmicks. They were lost, in transport, from PA to CA, 23 years ago b
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8335 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2005, andre combrinck wrote:
Since it was impossible to palm coins from a flat surface, sugar cubes,dice ect were used.
Andre

This statement on this old thread caused me to codify the ways in which I have been "palming from a flat surface" for decades.

Since I didn't know it was impossible I just did it. It was 2006 before I saw the Roth Presentation on DVD.

I immediately modified this to allow for different end positions in repeat performances, requiring several Sway Methods.

I documented some of these in "T.U.C. Appreciation" where Chink-a-Chink is discussed as a method of sneaking in the TUC (or other gaff) rather than instrumental to the effect itself.

Thus, I think there is a point o CaC that is overlooked (but mentioned by Laurence O above. A critical part of the effect id concealment and extraction of the 5th element.

For me, the static ending of this wonderful effect risked "tipping method," so I thought of ways to change it.

The ability to pick up the extra coin from the flat table and secretly transfer it to another hand adds a new dimension -- but one possibly only impressive to magicians.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Chink-a -Chink (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL